Just a quick reminder about Coffee Fest Seattle this weekend!!!
This is the first time Slayer has exhibited at Coffee Fest and we’re excited and have a number of things going on:
1. We’ll be pulling shots on a custom 2 group Slayer. This machine was commissioned by Jeff Duggan, owner of Portola Coffee Lab in Costa Mesa California. This is Jeff’s 3rd Slayer and he’s gone all out and we’re extremely proud to be showcasing his machine before shipping it to him. If you follow us on Instagram (@slayerespresso) you’ve seen pictures of our progress, as we’ve customized the body panels with copper plating, antiquing and a stainless reveal. We’ve also had requests for a cup tray and went all out designing what we believe is something special – the Peruvian Walnut wrapped cup tray adds another dimension to Slayer’s already iconic look. In addition to this, Jeff added almost every option we have available including wooden portafilter handles and pre-brew timers. Make sure you stop by our booths 317/319 and check this beauty out!
2. We’re thrilled to be pulling shots of Ninety Plus Ethiopian Nekisse N2 and Ethiopian Hachira N2!!! If you’ve never tried this exquisite coffee you’re in for a treat and you’ll want to get to our booth early – and if you can’t find our booth, just follow your nose as the Nekisse is tasting like strawberry, peach, spices with a beautiful delicate acidity and Hachira is currently tasting like blackberry, vanilla, spice and floral. We are lucky enough to have 20 lbs of these coffees (roasted for us by Fratello Coffee – buy coffee from them) but after tasting this it…I’m not sure if it’ll last the entire show. Also, there will be representatives from Ninety Plus at our booth with a few sensory room tables and will conduct a number of tastings. Do NOT miss out on these coffees
3. Americas Best Espresso Competition – Slayer is proud to be one of the four equipment sponsors for this new event where 32 Coffee Roasters will be competing. I’m looking forward to this new event. We’ve had a number of roasters stopping by Studio #238 to dial in their coffee and I’ve got to say I wish I was judging because this is going to be a lot of fun
4. If you’re going to Coffee Fest, use this code and save 50% on your entrance fee: 66559
5. We are hosting a tour of Slayer Studio #238 this Thursday at 3:00, where you can have hands-on time with Slayer and your own coffee. If you’re interested, please contact: molly(at)slayerespresso.com
This Saturday, we’re going to be hanging out at the Barista Jam at Visions Espresso then heading to the party at Victrola.
See you there!!!
Posted under Barista Competition
, Direct Trade